Wednesday 29 January 2014

Audio in Multimedia


In Multimedia Web Applications audio is a very important part of the application. It can be time consuming and needs big efforts especially if the file we want to use is big in size. At times it is the only way to provide instructions. Knowing where the audio events occur and the sound needed and synchronize them with other media events is necessary for an attractive software.
Audio can be used for different purposes in the design. Instructions can be read for example while music is playing in the background. It is important to keep instruction messages short with clear voice. Audio can have different types, for example instructions can be recorded or life messages and music can be recorded or also life from broadcasting stations.

http://www.webdiner.com/webadv/inter/audio.htm

I have downloaded the images from the blackboard. To insert these files in my project we go to insert mode and we click on the file. After we created the buttons for the files we insert the files that we have downloaded. We can manipulate and align the files. I have experienced changing the values of the vertical and horizontal spaces until I got the design that I liked. The source files for the sounds have been included to make the project with images and sound more attractive. I have made the choice to have the sound to play automatically. I choose to have it loop continuously.

http://www.meridian-audio.com/ara/
This exercise was good and I have done it comfortably. I do now understand the difficulty if this was a more complex project, how many hours the developers take to go through the development of such products.

No comments:

Post a Comment